Ongoing support for our work
…. and help with your DIY site
With any website, you should consider maintenance. If you are technically able, then you can be taught how to maintain the site yourself. Or we can maintain the site on your behalf. You can choose a maintenance agreement for a known annual charge. Or you opt for maintenance on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Maintenance is particularly important for content managed sites such as WordPress and Joomla. There is no avoiding the fact that although excellent choices, content management systems they are a magnet for troublemakers. We take measures to protect the site, but it’s essential that you keep up to date with the latest versions of software.
We build bilingual websites, and work with qualified English:Welsh translators for professional translations. If you are a Welsh speaking business, we believe you should use this to your advantage. A bilingual site will give you the edge over some of your competitors. Going bilingual does not double the cost of the site!
Even if you are not Welsh speaking, if your business is likely to be working with public sector bodies, national organisations, or seeking funding assistance from the public sector, a bilingual site may well be to your advantage.
A Case Study
Following a WordPress update, the website template for Mind in Aberystwyth had broken. Head Office were unable to help, as the original template designers were out of contract. The local group contacted us and we were happy to help:
- reinstated template with the original corporate design
- reorganised site to provide separate password protected staff and directors’ areas
- brought WordPress up to date
- installed WordPress Multilingual so that when they are ready they can start to implement bilingual pages
- Put in place a support agreement so that if in the future another problem arises, they already have an hourly rate and someone to call.